Technical guides & Users manuals Forum Index

Technical guides & Users manuals
Contains all sorts of manuals

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bienvenue - Welcome 
Welcome to the tellmewhy technical forum.
Yopu have an interesting guide, you have some knowledge to share ?
Here you can post it.

Your knowledge will be shared.
All together we know it better.
How to join clips ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technical guides & Users manuals Forum Index -> MAC Users - Questions & Answers -> MAC users - Search & Find solutions
Previous topic :: Next topic  
tellmewhy
Administrateur

PostPosted: 16/07/2007 04:01:30    Post subject: How to join clips ? Reply with quote

How to join clips ?

I am a Mac user running OS X v.10.4.10. I have a number of videos in mov format that are segmented into pieces. Does anyone know of Mac OS X software that will join them?
Publicité

PostPosted: 16/07/2007 04:01:30    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
tellmewhy
Administrateur

PostPosted: 16/07/2007 04:03:57    Post subject: How to join clips ? Reply with quote

I'm not a MAC user, but i can try to help you out.
I downloaded the archive file from the example.
It contains 6 playable parts from a the clip.
You can only join clips if the properties like "width, heighth, used codec, frame rate, ....." are the same for all 6 clips.
I verified with GSpot and it appears to be so.

In this case joining them can not be to difficult.
A program that might do the trick ? ChunkJoiner 2.2.
I'm sure you will find other software that does the same.
tellmewhy
Administrateur

PostPosted: 16/07/2007 04:06:53    Post subject: How to join clips ? Reply with quote

Quicktime Pro will do the job (you just have to cut and paste each segment into 1 movie file).
Another program (shareware) is called AddMovie (have not tested it):
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/22667

Another option is to convert each file to .mpg and then join using a program called mpgtx:
http://www.biermann.org/philipp/mpegcut/
tellmewhy
Administrateur

PostPosted: 16/07/2007 16:04:03    Post subject: How to join clips ? Reply with quote

member on another forum wrote:
Noooooo, wait !!! There's a way better solution than the previous ones. It will join your .mov clips with less mouse clicks and it will not re-encode your movie which is very important cause most likely you don't wonna lose quality.

Get mpeg streamclip. It's freeware.

Hit COMMAND + O (=open) and select your series of files to be joined.
Hit COMMAND + S (= save) + RETURN (don't forget to change the original filename)
You're done

Your original clips must have been encoded at the same bitrate (what's the case very often) otherwise you must use mpeg streamclip's export function or, if that fails, Quicktime Pro.

The 2-step method also works with .avi
With mpgs the approach is similarly easy but you are required to perform two more steps:
1) Go to EDIT and choose CORRECT TIME CODE ERRORS
2) Then don't just save but go to DATA and choose CONVERT TO MPEG (then it will just rebuild the header info of the clip without re-encoding it)
Done

Additionally you have the option to edit your movie:
i (=mark in)
o (=mark out)

COMMAND + X (= cut out)

Works perfectly with all the mentioned formats, also with .vob files
The above mentioned steps also work with .wmv files but unfortunately mpeg streamclip will wrap them into a .mov container. You can't post those cause PC users will be out of luck with them.[/quote]
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: 12/12/2018 00:13:30    Post subject: How to join clips ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technical guides & Users manuals Forum Index -> MAC Users - Questions & Answers -> MAC users - Search & Find solutions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Getting a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation